Thursday, May 1, 2008

Week Nine


This week in school we aren't learning that much in any of our classes because our school is taking the TAKS test. The TAKS test is a standardized test (it stands for the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills) that everyone in Texas has to take to make sure that they are learning everything at the same rate, so everyone is still getting the same education. This Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning we are taking the TAKS test or a practice test for the TAKS test and then in the afternoon we are only having some of our classes and we aren't doing much in any of the classes.
This week we have to talk about our childhood memories. My favorites are my memories from when I was in preschool. I loved my preschool because it was very laid back and each kid moved at their own pace. We even grew our own vegetables in a garden in the back and we ate the vegetables for snacks each day. Also, I went to Zilker Park a lot when I was a kid. I have pictures up on a previous blog so you can see where I spent a lot of afternoons. The picture above is a picture of me when I was in kindergarten.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Hi Catherine!
Well you look like a little angel on your picture! Well what elementary school did you go to? What kind of vegetables did you grow?