This week we are still learning about Africa, especially their recent genocides and conflicts. This Monday we did a Socratic Seminar, which is when our class sits in a circle and discusses what we think about the topics of genocide. I learned a lot during this and I learned what the views of people in my class are. This Wednesday we had to take the TAKS test, which is a standardized test that students in Texas have to take to see if they are learning what the state wants them to learn. This Friday, we are doing another Socratic Seminar on the current Darfur genocide, while the one on Monday was about the Rwandan genocide in the 1990's.
I am still continuing rehearsing while the cast and crew of The Learned Ladies and we are starting to learn more about the playwright, Moliere. Much of his plays are based on his real life experiences and what happened in his life. I am still attending Yoga, and I may be teaching a Yoga class this next week, which is Spring Break, to toddlers.
I am really excited for Spring Break, which is a week long, even though I am not going out of town like most people in the United States do during Spring Break. Most of my friends are either going to the beach or skiing during their break. My mother and my sister are going to the Northern part of the country to look at colleges for my sister because she will be going to college in about two years.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Catherine. I'm Joe from Taiwan.
Thanks for your comment. Do you
like geography? I like it very much especially about world culture.
Post a Comment