Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Week February 11

This week we are reviewing for our Russia and the Republics test which is next Monday. We have to study major landforms and the countries and their capitals but also we have to know about the culture of each region, like Trancaucasia, as well as what kind of crops are grown there etc. We are reviewing by answering questions about the two chapters our test is over and we are also playing vocabulary games. On Thursday the 14th, we're having a party in geography class because it is Valentines Day, which is celebrated around the country. This week in my own life, I've been having to attend rehersals for the school play, The Learned Ladies by Moliere, who is an extremely famous playwrite from France. I'm understudy for two main characters so I've been having to attend many rehersals and working on the play. My grandparents are also coming into town Wednesday for their annual trip to come see us. They are my mom's parents from Guilford, Connecticut.

4 comments:

Paige Swenson said...

Hey Catherine,
I think we are supposed to post comments. Right?? Anyways I will. That is so awesome about the play. What is it about? I don't really know anything about plays except ones that I've seen or have had to read for school. It's awesome your grandparents are coming into town. Are you excited to see them??
-Paige S.

Catherine DuBois said...

The play is about like this family that is very rich and everything and they live in France. The mom like thinks she's really smart and insightful about everything but they are all really dumb. And basically part of the story is that there are two daughters and the oldest daughter broke up with her boyfriend so they younger daughter is dating him and they are engaged. It's a really funny play and I'm understudy for both of the daughters.

Susan H. said...

Hey Cathy!! As of now our team is 2-0 so I hope we can keep it up haha. Which two characters are you understudying?? That's so cool!! Gee I miss theatre and I can't wait to do more next year.

jared newberg said...

catherine
i want to hug trees with you